Thursday, November 6, 2008

UGA - UK Breakdown

Alright, I am back...sort of. First let me say that I hope that the team has done a better job forgetting about the UF game than I have, if not then we are in trouble!

I trust that our guys don't want to let UF beat them two weeks in a row, so hopefully they show up for the game and show up on time (not in the 2nd half like they have been known to do).

As for the game itself, let me start by saying that if the team that pounded LSU shows up then they will not have a problem. However, seeing as how that team has only shown up once this year I have to admit I am a little nervous.

UGA's offense should be able to move the ball against the Wildcat D. Yes, UK has a fairly solid defense, but we saw what a dynamic offense can do against them when UF put up 100+ pts on them two weeks ago. I believe that Knowshon will show up and possibly have the game of his life after the way he was called out this week in the local media. (I would like to point out that I raised the topic first here on this blog before the AJC or Rivals wrote about it!). Anyways, if he can get off early then we will be able to control the game.

UK's offense is anemic. It has averaged about 16 ppg against BCS opponents this season. That is just not going to get it done. Of course, if UGA turns the ball over like it did against UF then that is a different story. The UK offense is not set-up to come from behind, so if UGA can get out front early it could very well spell trouble for the Wildcats.

The bottom line:
UGA is going to come out hungry to erase last weeks performance. I expect Knowshon to carry the ball 25+ times after all of the discussion this week about him taking himself out of the game at inopportune times.

Final score: UGA 34 - UK 17

No comments: