Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hello from Orlando...

Well, here we are just two days away from the last game of the season. I love bowl season, but at the same time, I hate this time of year. We now have to wait nine months for the next game. Yes, I am one of those nuts that enjoys reading about our recruiting class and I enjoy the G-Day game, but the rest of the year my wife has to put up with me talking about what went wrong the season before...and there will be a lot to moan and groan about this off season. I don't know how long it is going to take to get over the Tech loss...maybe by the end of next November??

A quick analysis of the Capital One Bowl:

We have all heard about Javon Ringer. Yes, he is a work horse, but he is The MSU offense, so as long as our D can contain him then it should be a good day. Paul Westerdawg on the Georgia Sports Blog did some research that shows that Ringer failed to go over 91 yards against MSU's 5 "quality" opponents (including Wisconsin and Iowa).

Overall, MSU's offense is average and their Defense is not much better. I doubt that they have faced an opponent with the balance that we have. So, I believe that if our offense plays the way that it is capable of playing then we should be fine, and that it will be a very enjoyable Capital One Bowl.

PREDICTION:
UGA 38 - MSU 17

Go Dawgs!
TD

No comments: